Monday, 21 September 2015
Man cave: Day 15
Though I did some work over the weekend - getting some 1K resistors from Maplin's so I could wire up the tamper circuits and lock bolt sensors in to the Galaxy alarm panel. I also installed the PIRs (they have built in resistors). I also wired up the second (external) door lock ready for when the door is installed, and set up in "fail secure" mode (power fail leaves locked). Makes it more complicated for the emergency break glass to work - feeding directly from battery to bypass relay board and door control and anything else that could have gone wrong. The other (internal) door is "fail safe" just in case.
This is also the first time we have used these locks (Abloy Trimec ES8000 V-lock) as the main lock on a door. At the office we only use them as the night deadlock. They are good - unlock is a snap action and so instant, but locking takes a second or two (motor engages to push bolt down in to position). So I have had to get some simple roller/ball catches as well so the door will catch closed and stay put while the lock engages.
Anyway, tomorrow gets busy, finishing internal door, installing loft hatch, and a delivery of solid wood benches to be made in to the shelves, work bench, and bar. Personally I'd like to see the room finished by the end of the month but that may be optimistic.