The decorator is being very helpful and finishing one side of the room with the work benches first so I can move some stuff in while he sorts the other end. We have the work bench all stained and oiled now, and the ceiling is all painted - so I just need that wall painted.
The outside door has stain and varnish now, so protected.
The internal door frame has warped a tad and they are sorting that, but I do have skirting board and architrave now, and even a window sill.
I have some stuff being delivered on Monday, but now the ceiling is done the decorator is happy with stuff under a dust sheet in middle of room! I need to get some bar stools and some blinds for the window.
Note to self (well, to Paul/Callum):
- Fill bricks where boiler flue and aircon were located in back wall
- Fill hole outside external door which was dug to check foundations
- Fix internal door frame so door closes properly
- Fit door stop around internal door
- Fit door step to utility room
- Fit skirting/architrave on utility room side of internal door
- Install concealed door closer in external door
- Install hinge bolts on both doors
- Patch plasterboard on bottom shelf
- Screw down work bench to brackets
- Fit power strips under work bench (I can probably do that)
- Fit sink and (correct) tap
- Box in meters (checking rules on gas pipe ventilation)