The list of things to do is dwindling, and the functionality of an alarm system is all there now. I have to improved the keypad UI to show which inputs were triggered, but I have a log for that. I could start using it now.
I have inputs and outputs and tampers and faults and warnings and fire alarm and latching things and resets by the user and login on the keypad and beeping and exit routes and entry routes and timed set and part set and instant set and delayed bell and bell time limit and rest time and almost all of the door control features I planned plus several more and, well, a compete alarm system really :-)
The next stage really is lots of testing and working with my friends who are making bench tests and the like. I need to look at the SSAIB stuff and see if we can meet their specs too.
It has been fun, and has had lots of back tracking and tidying up and re-thinks.
So now is a good time to actually try this outside I hear about, and go for a meal with some friends this evening. Should be fun. It looks wet out there though :-)
I got solar about 6 months ago. At that time I did not have a battery or an export tariff. In fact it took about 5 months to get any sort of...
Broadband services are a wonderful innovation of our time, using multiple frequency bands (hence the name) to carry signals over wires (us...
The ASR33, like most teletypes of the era, works at a fixed rate. It does 10 characters per second. It is 110 Baud, using 1 start, 8 data (i...
I am using KiCad for PCB design, and it is pretty impressive, but KiCad version 6 has just been released. There are lots of small changes, b...