The WiFi sticker that came with it had a QR code which was oddly not the WiFi login, even though iPhones understand such things, but I got it on to my WiFi (only 2.4GHz by the look of it) and all working with the app on the phone - nice.
What is nicer is poking it using curl. It has a noddy TCP stack and http interface (not https) which makes it very easy to script stuff. Several people have done this, but I have not found quite what I was looking for, so some poking around.
So, here goes, what I have found so far (subject to updates).
Sensor infoA simple get of /aircon/get_sensor_info gets :-
ret=OK,htemp=20.0,hhum=40,otemp=9.0,err=0,cmpfreq=26,mompow=2Which is nice as it has room temp and humidity and external temp to 0.1C precision.
- ret: A return status, with OK being good, it seems
- htemp: Inside temp in C
- hhum: Inside humidity, I assume in %
- otemp: outside temp in
- err: I assume an error setting
- cmpfreq: I am guessing compressor or fan frequency
- mompow: Not sure, was 1 when idle and when heating, 2 now we are cooling
This is where it gets useful, a simple get of /aircon/get_control_info gives
What I have worked out so far :-
- pow: Power 1=on 0=off
- mode: 1=auto, 2=dry, 3=cool, 4=heat, 5=?, 6=fan, 7=auto
- adv: blank normal, 2=powerful, 13=streamer, 2/13=both
- stemp: Set temperature
- shum: Set humidity
- dt1/2/3/4/5/7: Target temp for each mode
- dh1/2/3/4/5/7/h: Target humidity for each mode (and h?)
- alert: ?
- f_rate: Fan rate A=Auto, B=Quiet, 3 to 7=speeds,
- f_dir: Fan direction 0=fixed, 1=vertical, 2=horizontal, 3=both
- dfr1/2/3/4/5/7/h: Per mode something, not sure
- dfd1/2/3/4/5/7/h: Per mode something, not sure
- dmnd_run: Not sure
- en_demand: Not sure
- b_setting: Not sure
Setting is a simple get /aircon/set_control_info?pow=1&mode=4&stemp=29&shum=0&f_rate=A which just responds with ret and adv.
The settings are as above.
So a simple cron to turn off at 06:35 is :-
35 6 * * * curl --silent 'http://x.x.x.x/aircon/set_control_info?pow=0&mode=7&stemp=21&shum=0&f_rate=B' | grep -v OK