2011-06-30

Finally

Yes, I have managed it. At long last. I have managed to print a thing out of ABS. A pink TARDIS (and why not).

The issues of the last week have been many, and mostly stem from a loose grub screw on the belt drive on the stepper motor. But there have also been issues with the hot bed sliding a little and also the stepper controllers missing (too low torque) or stalling (over temp shutdown). And then there were the fires. Feasible theories for most of them. I have spare controllers now :-)

Today has been almost as fun, but the problems have been in the firmware. Turns out it is almost as special as the hardware. Thankfully an area I am a lot happier tinkering.

I am sure there is plenty of fine tuning that can now be done to make the quality even better, but this is looking pretty good compared to anything I have printed before, so I am reasonably pleased.

Of course there is something of a TARDIS graveyard (and this is not all of them).

2 comments:

  1. A pink TARDIS is just *wrong*! :-)

    Cheers, Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Look at my pink TARDIS"

    "It's, umm, rather small..."

    "No, no. It may look small but trust me it's really much bigger on the inside"

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated purely to filter out obvious spam, but it means they may not show immediately.