This is an example of the sort of thing we have to put up with...
What we sent to them:-
- Has Andrews & Arnold Ltd or the end user authorised any chargeable work?
- Is this a favorite-telco core network fault?
- RED2-GI-B RASs
- Is there any point changing line settings, flexing the circuit, sending an engineer to site or doing a TPM?
- No, this is a core network fault
- How many lines are faulty with exactly the same symptoms?
- Fault description
- No Connection to RAS, favorite-telco core network fault
Please book an appointment with your End User.
And that is it!
Well, they did not send the fault back they just updated the notes with that so it is not in a state that allows us to book an appointment if we wanted to. But that is the end of it. The only option now is to book an engineer visit at possible a cost of £141+VAT. In practice, if we did that, the engineer would not be able to visit until next day. The core fault would be fixed by then, so when the engineer visits all is working so that will be £141+VAT. Or we could cancel the engineer, for a cost of £141+VAT.
No option to get the core network issue looked at instead. No option to even reply saying that this is a core issue.
Even closing the fault can take days, so closing and re-opening is not an option.
What a system!