As such, it is not a surprise to see an article on Talk Talk reducing their carbon emissions.
I did wonder what people would think of A&A though. It is actually quite hard for us to say we are reducing carbon emissions, mainly because we have always had an attitude of being quite efficient long before it was trendy.
So here are a few things that we do...
- Our offices (as of about a year ago) have nice efficient LED lighting where lights are on all day. We plan to cover all of the lights eventually.
- We already have a cycle rack and company bikes for those that want to use them.
- Office PCs that would not otherwise do so are set to hibernate over night.
- We already use heat pump / air-con for heating, so over 100% efficiency.
- We have always sent invoices and statements by email rather than paper.
- In our core network we use what is probably the lowest power routers available, the FireBrick FB6000 series that handle a gigabit of customer traffic in 0.1A.
- Some staff work from home where possible to reduce travelling.